Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wednesday (bareback day)

   Wednesday was a super fun day.  I got to the ranch later than normal due to school registration, but luckily it was super overcast so the weather was fantastic and super cool.  I pulled Phoenix out and she did great with her hooves being picked out even with the tractor on right by us and I decided to ride her bareback.  I worked on flatwork for a little bit and her trot was nice and smooth in both directions and I am sitting them better.  I got her to pick up both correct leads and I felt like I was moving with her while we were loping and it felt really good.  Then we worked on barrrels for a little bit (she broke down though due to lack of pressure) and that was super fun.  I had to hold onto her mane with my opposite hand while we turned because she whipped around so fast I almost lost my balance haha.































   After our super awesome workout, I hosed my girl off and mucked out stalls.  I got to use the polaris and it was my first time backing it up into the barn so it took a little bit but I will get better at it with time.  


Parker saying "pet me!  pet me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment