Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sunday Funday

   Sunday was a pretty relaxed day at the ranch and I had fun even though I didn't ride.  I went to the ranch in the morning to feed, empty and clean buckets, and muck stalls.  I also swept mats, the aisle, and cleaned up the hay I sweeped into a pile from the aisle.  The radio was turned up and I was in a great mood.



Oakie

   When I saw Phoenix in her stall I noticed that I had accidentally forgotten to take off her boots from the race yesterday.  I felt so terrible and I'm sure it didn't feel good to have them on all night (it's also not good for them to be on her legs that long).  I took them off right away and there were marks from her boots.  


   Phoenix was eating so I decided to hose her legs down after she finished and I just had to fix her partly broken feeder while I was waiting.  

Before
After




   And I also cleaned and hung dry Phoenix's boots.


   When Phoenix was basically done eating, I pulled her out and hosed her down and then let her hang out on the wash rack till she dried.  





   Then I turned Phoenix out for a little bit and she hung out and ran around a little.  I wanted her to have a chill day and clean her up from the race yesterday since we got back so late, so I didn't do too much with her.    



   Here is a short video of Phoenix following me around before I put her back into her stall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment