Thursday, July 30, 2015

Tuesday

   Today started out with groundwork.  I worked on desensitizing Phoenix from the rope by swinging it around and plopping it on her and even lunging her with it hooked around her butt.  She was doing well but I knew that what she was mostly scared of was pressure from the rope.  So I put on her saddle and I hooked the honda around the saddle horn and I secured the other end of the rope around a plastic barrel.  I let Phoenix run herself around with the barrel following her until she calmed down and realized that it wasn't going to hurt her.  She scared me when she attacked the fence but it only took a few minutes before she realized that the barrel wasn't out to get her.





   Next I put on Phoenix's headstall and my spurs and worked with her on flatwork.  Everything went well and I worked Phoenix through her gaits and worked on her headset and giving to the bit.    






   I untacked my girl, hosed her off, and put her back into her stall where I read to her for a little bit until my dad picked me up.  




   Here are some of the fresh scars I left Phoenix with at the ranch today.  Good thing she isn't an English show pony haha.  


No comments:

Post a Comment