Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wednesday

  Phoenix and I had a great day today!  When I arrived at the ranch, I hung out in her stall for a little while, messing around with and petting her.  Phoenix seemed to love the attention and she followed me around so I could rub her head and neck.


  I put on her rope halter and tied the lead rope like reins and I rode her bareback down to the tack room, where I tied her up so I could grab her bridle. I had checked her bumps when I had been messing around with her in her stall and they don't seem to have changed so I still cannot ride her with a saddle. 





  I decided to ride Phoenix bareback so I put on her western bridle with split reins and hopped on my girl. We went for a trail ride and it was super fun!  We started off down the road like normal when Phoenix started doing that weird stopping thing. I kept urging her to continue and slowly but surely we headed down the road.
  I'm still on a quest to figure out what is bothering her but for now I'm just dealing with the problem. Instead of continuing straight, I led Phoenix down a side dirt road that went by fields, houses, and orchards. She was doing well and really only spooked at a dog that surprised her by bounding from a house barking. 
  When I felt confident enough, I trotted Phoenix around and I even loped her a little!  It felt great to be confident and trusting enough in Phoenix to be able to let loose and have some fun. 



  We ran around for a little bit and then ran across this dirt lot to make it to the back of the property at 45.  When we got back, I let Phoenix loose into the pen with the cow. It was pretty funny because I was kind of hoping she would mess around with the cow but they totally ignored each other and Phoenix rolled and messed with the dirt. 
  The cow is actually super cute and very nice. He kept coming over to the fence and licking me. His nose was all slimy and his tongue was rough but he was so cute so I couldn't help but to pet him.  
  When I went to grab Phoenix out of the pen to put her away though, the cow started following her and Phoenix kept reaching her nose out to sniff him.  When I can put a saddle on Phoenix again, I think I might just work the cow in the arena. 























  


No comments:

Post a Comment