Today went even better than yesterday! Phoenix and I went on another trail ride, but this time I rode Western with her reining/pleasure bit (shanked snaffle) and split reins because I don't think Phoenix enjoyed her bit too much yesterday and I didn't have enough control, but I wanted to give her a longer rein so she wouldn't be tossing her head so much. I was less nervous and Phoenix did a lot better at listening. I was able to trot her more and we even loped and galloped for a couple of miles.
Also, we found this branch off of the trail that goes another mile or so before it is fenced off government property, so we have a little more space to run around. It felt great to be able to ride one handed and relaxed. When we got back to the ranch, I worked Phoenix bareback in the arena again and then I hosed her off real quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment