I'm finding myself more relaxed every day and am enjoying Phoenix more and more. She was great on our ride and listened well. We trotted and walked home, where I untacked Phoenix and hosed her down. I also hosed off her pad since it was getting crusty and I hung it up to dry. When I placed Phoenix back into her stall she immediately rolled and caked herself in dirt.
Phoenix was a little more challenging on Friday, though we still had fun riding on the trail (for the most part). We rode western in split reins again and everything started off fine but she barely wanted to walk down the road and Phoenix kept stopping and refusing to go forward.
Several times I had to dismount and walk her a little ways or slap her in the butt with one of her reins to get her to keep walking forward. After we got past the halfway point though, Phoenix was fine and I trotted her into the desert where we loped around for a while.
We had some extra time after our normal path so I ran her back towards the road and into the large dunes. Phoenix loves running up and down them. On the way home she was totally fine and actually wanting to run faster but I kept her at a walk or trot.
I believe she has made some buddies at the ranch so she is becoming a little barn sour. We will just have to work on it because we both love trails.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment