All of the horses were turned out in the arena when I arrived, so I put them all into stalls (had to swing a lead rope to get 3 of them up) and let Phoenix out to run around before I started working her. Here are some pics of her in the arena.
I caught my girl, brushed her down, and tacked her up in her Western gear and English bridle with her snaffle bit. We worked on flatwork for a while and Phoenix did good listening and giving to the bit. She was a little fast at the lope and kept trying to pull into a gallop. But besides that our ride went pretty good. We worked on turns for barrels and Phoenix is definitely improving on both sides.
Phoenix got a hose down and I hosed off her saddle pad because it was getting really gross. Then I put her up and she rolled around due to still being damp. I really hope we get to try out a race or two this summer!





























No comments:
Post a Comment