Saturday, May 16, 2015

Friday Visit

  I was not able to get out and ride my girl yesterday due to family visiting, but today I was able to take them out to meet Phoenix.  The weather decided to rain the one day of the whole month today so I ended up keeping Phoenix in her stall and my dad wouldn't let me ride.  But Phoenix got a lot of attention and I loved being able to show her off.
  My cousins took turns one by one petting Phoenix and hopping onto her.  I led them around her stall and talked to them about horses.  They were nervous at first, but Phoenix was very good with them and listened well while I led them around.  Everyone was safe (though my uncle had a close encounter) and I was atleast able to see my girl for a little while.  












  After the cousins were done, my aunt and uncle gave it a try.  My aunt Katie is scared of horses, but we convinced her to hop on and she did good and I believe had fun walking around.  My uncle Ben, on the other hand, had the only bad experience of the group.  I hop up on Phoenix from the ground all the time and she is pretty good and since no one was strong enough to give my uncle a leg up, he tried jumping up on my girl from the ground.  Due to inexperience, my uncle accidentally kicked Phoenix in the butt or flanks or something that made her uncomfortable and she bucked him off before he could get all the way on.  He is fine and didn't get hurt at all, but I decided that Phoenix had done well being out of her element today and that none of the larger adults would get to hop on without a saddle.  Since it was raining and no one wanted to go out into the arena, I didn't tack up my girl and that was the end of the visit.  




  Hopefully I get to ride tomorrow!!  I am proud of my girl for behaving while I played pony rides and if it wasn't raining I would have totally saddled her up and let everyone ride on her with a helmet so we could do some more.  I know Phoenix would have loved to get out of her stall.  She is getting better in handling new circumstances and I am learning that my girl loves to please.  


No comments:

Post a Comment