Tuesday was an awesome day with my baby girl! We worked on groundwork and then had our first full workout without any problems! The solution, practice my rodeo queen reining stuff. Guess Phoenix is telling me she wants to work on that haha. She was super smooth, responsive, and we even did some slide stops. I love my girl!
Wednesday we just worked on more of the groundwork and reining from Tuesday and Friday I got my license!
The first thing I did was of course drive to see my girl at the ranch. I was excited to ride her and she seemed ok when I ground walked her. I hopped on my girl and rode her around through all the gaits for a little bit and suddenly I felt like her trot was off. I lunged her to check and she was now limping. We all checked her up and down for sore spots, bones out of place, or anything that could be contributing to the limping but we couldn't find anything. It was brought to light that Phoenix always seems to go a little bit lame before her feet go done and this time it has been 10 weeks because I didn't have the money.
Her frogs are collapsing and her heels are super worn down. I'm hoping getting her feet fixed will help with the lameness and if I get her feet down more often then it will help eradicate the problem. I had extra time today so I brushed my girl down good and cleaned stalls because I honestly really miss it.
Saturday we went down to Yuma to attend Alanna's Miss Rodeo Arizona coronation! It was so great to see everybody and to be back in Yuma! I am super happy for Alanna and I was told by several people that I should move back and run again. It made me feel great to have Bethany, Alanna, Makaila, and Melissa tell me they miss me and that I'm a great girl who should move back. Who knows, maybe I will. I spent the night with Melissa and then we headed back on sunday and I was honestly sad to go. I didn't always have the best times in Yuma but it's a great little town and I miss it!









No comments:
Post a Comment