Awesome night out with friends friday night! Played just dance and injured myself lol, some mario kart, and tons of sugar but my best part was watching Leap Year (one of my fav movies) and watching all the boys get involved and react to a chick flick lol. Gotta love my crazy friend! Saturday night I went on a double date with Gurvine, Bailey, and Dallin. Racing and bumper cars in walmart after some ice cream and sword fighting!
I think I've done enough running for the whole week lol. Ran over to the ranch to work Phoenix on Monday. Tried riding her bareback around the track but after some rearing and coming off (I got back on and rode the 2nd one lol) I ended up lunging her and working with her bareback in the round pen. It took the help of a crop and about half an hour but I was finally able to walk, trot, and lope Phoenix in both directions! It's frustrating but back to basics lol. Then we went on a in hand walk down the trail where I half walked and sang haha and half ran with my girl who needs to build mucsle. I love my girl to pieces and can't wait to fix whats going on haha. Ran back to school and had an awesome FFA meeting with some great people! Loving 2nd semester!
Had an amazing day on Wednesday! Phoenix's retraining is getting better slowly. Only had to use the crop a few times on her shoulder and she went through all the gaits in both directions. Her gaits were smooth and she listened well neck reining once I got her going. Then I untacked her and took her out on the trail. Yes I sing when I walk my horse, run with her a little, and maybe I stopped and got comfortable to read Soul Surfer to her lol! Phx heard something a behind us and turns out Caulina was out riding. We rode double on her horse and ponied Phoenix back to the ranch!! It was super fun and I love riding double!! Ziggy is awesome and Phx is doing better. I missed being a stablehand so much I helped clean stalls today before I headed out for a great mutual!!
Thursday was the best day at the ranch yet! Lunged Phoenix on a lunge line today for the first time since I got her lol. Some bucking and rearing but by the end she was listening well to voice commands and movement. Rode my girl in a halter today and only needed a crop to encourage her to start moving. She works great with no bit and her gaits are so smooth bareback!! Then groomed and braided my girl and cleaned pens!! Loving life!! I've come to realize that I have to train Phoenix based off of the hrose that she is now not how she used to be or how I expect her to be. Yes she is different and I'm basically retraining her but its a lot less frustrating if my goal is improvement not competition!
tongue emoticon It was a little wet but so worth it!



No comments:
Post a Comment