Sunday, January 31, 2016

Jan update

    On monday (Jan 26), Phoenix was still off so I walked her and brushed her and then helped clean stalls and fill waters.  I miss doing barn chores, so I was bummed about Phoenix but happy to help.





     These are bad quality pics but here are the pictures I have hanging up in my truck!!  I love having reminders of courage, faith, and love all around me!!




     On tuesday I dropped by to check on my girl and then headed over to Caulina's where I watched her and Sierra ride and messed around with her awesome sister and the guys.  I was wearing a dress but that didn't stop me from football and running races lol :P 
     Phoenix was still the same on Wednesday so I just walked and brushed her some more.  Mutual was New Beginnings and I had a blast!  I love the gospel and having wholesome fun with friends!  I think my sister and I are growing closer and she did pretty well at the pie eating contest lol 


     Thursday I worked out with my mom and made Phoenix a vet appointment because she still wasn't improving.  Since I had extra time after the ranch, I took my truck out into the desert and found a good spot to park and read scriptures and ponder out in the bed of my truck.  It was quiet and I was able to think and be open to revelation.  I was reminded through scriptures and thoughts that I cannot keep trying to be both of the world and of God.  I need to choose one and stick to it with all my heart.  I know that I choose God, just sometimes I struggle with wanting the instant gratification and popularity of the world.  But I know with the help and strength of God I will be able to overcome my worldly desires and do his work.  


       Friday, Phoenix and I headed over to the Marana Vet Clinic and discovered that she had a splint in her right foreleg that was causing her some pain.  She is to be on stall rest for a month and fed 2 grams of bute for the next 10 days.  It stinks that I can't practice or race her but I'm relieved that it was something that will get better with time.  



     I took my sister out for ice cream and then had the amazing opportunity to ride a horse on friday night and borrow him for saturday's CCOBRA race!  The vet tech, Veronica Payne, was super kind and let me ride her 12 year old gelding, Jack.  He is a 1d barrel horse but was great for me as he rides to the skill of his rider.  It was exhiliarting letting him go during practice once I was comfortable and I need to neck rein better lol but I really like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment