Sunday, January 31, 2016

Jan CCOBRA

     On saturday I arrived at the Marana Heritage Arena bright and early to warm up Jack and run a time only before the race started.  I took pictures for a few hours and then warmed him back up and headed to the arena.  I admit I was a little nervous and held him back but we still had a good run and ran a 21!  He is capable of a lot more but my skill level wasn't ready to race his full potential yet.  I'm hoping to let him go all the way next time.  I micromanaged him too much due to what I'm used to with my girl but Jack just needs to be left alone to do his job.























       I was so blessed for the opportunity to ride and learn from this awesome horse and his owner!  I guess Phoenix being out for a little bit was a blessing in disguise.  Robin also offered to let me exercise her barrel horse this upcoming week and Veronica said I could come ride or race Jack anytime!  I am so thankful for the amazing horse community in Marana and can't wait to take what I learn and put it to use on my girl!  
       After the race was over I went over to hand walk and give Phoenix her meds.  It was a pain to give them to her but eventually they got down.  She kept spooking herself when we were walking and I am nervous that she will make her injuries worse.  IDK where my horse adventures will take me but I am excited to switch it up and learn a bunch!



No comments:

Post a Comment