Friday, June 26, 2015

Home Sweet Home

   It feels so good to finally be back from vacation and to be able to see my baby girl.  I got to the ranch by 7 and as soon as I started walking towards my baby girl she walked over to her gate and nickered, making me feel special and missed.  I was happily surprised to find that Robin had fixed Phoenix's stubborn gait and after some pets and hugs, I haltered up my girl and led her to over to the pasture.



   I turned my girl out and she was feeling real good today, galloping and bucking around like crazy.  After she had about 10 minutes out, I went to go catch my girl but she wasn't done and continued running around and jumping over the bushed and stuff haha, guess she does like jumping.  


















   When Phoenix settled down and decided she was ready to go work in the arena, I slipped her halter back on and tied her up next to the tack room and gave her a much needed full groom.  Her feet really need to be done soon due to her frogs growing all over the place and she was due last week but my dad didn't get it done when I was out of town.  
   I tacked Phoenix up western with her English snaffle bridle as usual and we headed out to the arena.  I rode my girl for almost 2 hours, re-adjusting to riding and working on my seat and legs (which are out of practice) and gaining confidence in loping her and stuff.  I started out a little nervous because Phoenix loves to pull stunts, but she actually didn't really pull any crap, just got a little excited and made me work for her listening gaits.  
   We spent a considerable amount of time working on our left lead (our bad side) and flying lead changes due to wanting to get it as solid as I can for the show tomorrow because blowing that lead is what always knocks us at shows.  I eventually got Phoenix to calm down and pick up the correct lead and I was able to lay off her mouth a little and not constantly massage her mouth with the bit to get her to give.  

   Well my riding position needs a lot of work and I think I'm sending mixed signals to Phoenix when I ask her for her left lead, I had a great time riding and called it quits after Phoenix did as I asked and was dripping in sweat.  I loosened her cinch in the arena and went to go untack my sweaty girl.  




   I hosed my baby girl off (getting soaking wet and smeared in horse slober in the process) and noticed that Phoenix is getting more accepting of having her face sprayed down with the hose.  


   After Phoenix dried out a little and I brushed out her mane and tail, I set my camera on a timer and tried to get some good pics of me and my baby girl with my awesome Fallon Taylor "fear the little bay horse" shirt.  Here is the result haha.  





   Then I led my baby back to her stall and let her loose where of course she proceeded to roll and turn into a dun horse.  





   Before I let Phoenix be I put on her fly mask and gave her some love and then headed over to pet Parker who has been wagging his tail and rolling over for me to pet his tummy everytime I look at him.  I also got a few pics of the cat who recently had kittens which she abandoned.  






   And then of course I had to get some pics of me in my new fav shirt!  I absolutely love it and can't wait till I have more money to buy from Fallon Taylor's store, Ranch Dressn.  



No comments:

Post a Comment