Monday I lunged Phoenix since she was already in the round pen (she is doing good with voice commands on the ground) and then I rode her in the bareback pad. She walked and trotted nice and I could even post without losing my balance on her. Her lope to the right was nice and I could sit a good amount of it. It took a few times, but Phoenix picked up her left lead (we are working a lot on establishing that habit) and that was nice too. Hopefully, since we have been working on it a ton, Phoenix will start to pick that lead up easier. I have noticed she almost always gets it right in the round pen now. Here are some pictures that my dad took of Kelly (my friend) and I riding.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Update and Pics
On Sunday Phoenix and I went over what we learned on Friday and we had a great time. I feel like we got past our bad block and are getting somewhere. We worked the barrel pattern a little bit at a walk and trot and once at a lope. We are starting to get our turns down more and more, I think remembering that basics are key really helped.
Monday I lunged Phoenix since she was already in the round pen (she is doing good with voice commands on the ground) and then I rode her in the bareback pad. She walked and trotted nice and I could even post without losing my balance on her. Her lope to the right was nice and I could sit a good amount of it. It took a few times, but Phoenix picked up her left lead (we are working a lot on establishing that habit) and that was nice too. Hopefully, since we have been working on it a ton, Phoenix will start to pick that lead up easier. I have noticed she almost always gets it right in the round pen now. Here are some pictures that my dad took of Kelly (my friend) and I riding.
Monday I lunged Phoenix since she was already in the round pen (she is doing good with voice commands on the ground) and then I rode her in the bareback pad. She walked and trotted nice and I could even post without losing my balance on her. Her lope to the right was nice and I could sit a good amount of it. It took a few times, but Phoenix picked up her left lead (we are working a lot on establishing that habit) and that was nice too. Hopefully, since we have been working on it a ton, Phoenix will start to pick that lead up easier. I have noticed she almost always gets it right in the round pen now. Here are some pictures that my dad took of Kelly (my friend) and I riding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment