Monday, February 9, 2015

Phoenix pictures

Due to Phoenix and I having a bad day yesterday, we called out Jenny to watch us to make sure I am riding correctly and Phoenix is ok.  We worked on Phoenix respecting me more on the ground and (since then) we have already improved on that.  The new saddle is working out great so we used that.  I walked and trotted Phoenix around as usually and Jenny helped us work on the basics where we had holes.  I worked on my position and learned tons, but due to Phoenix being a little bratty, Jenny decided to switch it up. 
  We put Phoenix in a side pull with split reins and worked her in that and it helped both of us out a lot.  I couldn't pull on Phoenix's mouth or just pull her to a stop and she had to be more in tune to me.  We worked on walking with her nose into the arena and circling.  I learned a lot and felt like the problem was Phoenix and I just needed to slow down and work on the basics.  I feel a lot better and now know we have to spend more time on the basics as well as the crazy fun stuff

















No comments:

Post a Comment