Lesson this week went well and Phoenix and I learned a lot. She trailered well and after I tacked her up, I lunged her. Lunging went well and then we borrowed a tie-down from Chris Otto due to how YPBRA went. Phoenix did well in the tie-down on the ground and at a walk and trot, but she threw a fit when we trotted the barrel pattern. She tossed her head and pulled and started jigging. Phoenix hated not being in control (according to Chris) and she bucked a few times.
Over time we both got more comfortable with the tie-down and we trotted the barrel pattern a few times better. Phoenix and I worked on neck reining and then worked on poles. Phoenix still pulls and gets too fast during poles, but we worked on the pattern and slowing down at lesson. Hopefully, the more we practice with a tie-down the more comfortable Phoenix will get and the better I will get at riding with soft hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment