Friday, August 21, 2015

Race Day

 










 I have been gone in Phoenix for COLT so I haven't gotten to see my girl in a few days.  When we got to the ranch Robin and I noticed that Pistol was sick, so I had to hold him in the aisle and try not to pee my pants haha.  We cooled him off with rubbing alcohol and eventually his temp was not high enough to warrant freaking out, so we let him back into his stall and headed up to the house.






     I might've fallen asleep for 2 hours haha.  



     Then I turned my girl out.  




     It was good that I let her out cause she had a lot of energy.  Then I lunged her in the round pen for a little bit and she tried to kick me haha.  I brushed her down, tacked her up, and loaded her into the stock trailer.  Robin loaded in her horse and we headed out to the race.  
     Phoenix was a little excited when I pulled her out and slipped on her halter but she was actually listening very well while warming up in the crowded arena.  I got her to lope on the correct lead and stop when I asked.  Then it was just time to wait for our runs. 



     Here are the videos Robin got of Phoenix and I.  We had 5 events but we only got 3 on video.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment