We came across some water which took some time (and me leading her in haha) and I worked on standing up. It was a blast and Phoenix is getting better with water.
Phoenix was a butt on the way back though. As soon as we turned around towards home she stopped moving and backed up. Then I'd turn her back in the other direction and she would go in whatever gait I wanted. Of course I didn't have any spurs. It took awhile and a lot of butt slapping, kicking, kissing, and backing up later I eventually got her to walk in the right direction. For awhile she refused to do anything but walk (so I was stuck with an actual trail horse haha) but eventually I was able to urge her into a trot and then a lope.
I missed our turn down the dirt road and got lost in the desert for a little bit but I followed the water tank and we made it back to the road leading towards home.
| Phoenix spotted a cow haha |
My week was so crazy that the next day I was able to make it out to the ranch was Friday. It was a bareback day and we had some fun. Phoenix was a little bratty and it took a lot of leg but eventually she was listening well enough.
We had to work through some issues with the rope at the end of the arena, which Phoenix kept shying away from, but with some time I got Phoenix to run next to it and be ok.
This week at school was spirit week. Here are our pics for the days I dressed up.
Pics from Saturday's stake mud activity
Saturday vs. Sunday haha





No comments:
Post a Comment