Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Monday Adventure

     Before we get to the horse adventure of the day, here are pics of me holding the Wingert's one eyed cat that was in our seminary class today.



 Phoenix and I decided to hit the trails on Monday and see how long it would take us to get to the arena we will need to ride to on saturday to race.  I got my girl ready and we were good to go.




     We headed down towards Frizzell's arena running alongside the streets.  She did great with the cars and I was able to run her when the path widened out enough.  It was super fun and beautiful out there.  



     We galloped down the wide dirt road (scrub brush) that led to the arena and then of course I took some pics before we ran by and continued on.  




     We conquered the giant puddles in the road (took a lot of kicking haha) and then turned down another dirt road.  I wanted to find another way back to the ranch other than the road so I put the address into the gps to see if there was a back way over there.  Here is a horse that ran alongside us in a pasture we were passing.  






     We headed down multiple dirt roads and along barbed wire fences as we ran for miles.  We came to this super flooded area that Phoenix had to wade through for a few miles.  She wouldn't go in at first even with kicking so I had to lead her in but once I did that and hopped back on she was fine and seemed to enjoy the water.  









     It took me several miles but eventually I realized that I had put in the wrong address and was actually way far out past the ranch haha.  I ended up having to go all the way back the few miles I had just come and then back down scrub brush, taking the roads back to the ranch anyways.  


     We ended up going a total of 14 miles of and I had to tell my mom to come an hour later than planned to pick me up but we had a blast and Phoenix did great and took care of me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment