Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Monday and Tuesday

     Monday was the first day of school so I didn't get to go to the ranch till later in the afternoon.



     I was already sweating through my shirt from the half hour bus ride and the long walk down N little cody rd before I even got to the ranch haha.  


     I pulled Phoenix out and brushed her down and then picked out her hooves.  She let me do her right fore and hind without any problem but she kept freaking out and hurting herself so I put the lead rope around her leg to lift it.  After a few tries she stopped freaking out and here is the video from when she calmed down.  



     I worked on flatwork and barrel turns on Monday.  Phoenix was a little fiesty (she didn't buck or anything though) and kept fighting giving me her head.  She just wanted to gallop around.  She listened eventually and then I walked, trotted, and loped the barrel pattern and practiced my turns.  


     Here is are vids of Phoenix following me around after our work out.  






     After we were done with our workout I worked with Phoenix on the tarp for a little bit.  I started out on the ground but that didn't get us anywhere so I hoped up on Phoenix bareback and after a little bit of kicking and circling I got Phoenix to walk over it a few times.  









     I might've done a little bit of jumping before I sprayed Phoenix down and let her back into her stall where she proceeded to roll.  




     Here are pics of Precious and Parker.  



     Tuesday was our last day to practice before our race so I pulled Phoenix out, brushed her down, and headed out to the arena.  


     I warmed Phoenix up and then we practiced the barrels at all gaits in both directions.  I worked on improving our bad turns and let Phoenix have her head.  There was this one really awesome left turn where my back popped because Phoenix turned so well haha.  I got a little frustrated with messing up our runs but Robin just reminded me to relax and not over think everything and I ran a few more patterns and called it a day.  
     I can't wait until our race tomorrow and I feel like Phoenix and I have improved a lot since our last race (we got a 26)!  I am so nervous and excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment