Saturday, November 7, 2015

Update (Nov 1-7)

I had a crazy week with trail rides and tons of football.  Here is a pic of me and Lo on Sunday.


     Monday I went on a bareback trail ride and stopped by Caulina's house.  Phoenix was feeling a little fresh but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.  We had a fun time talking and then Phoenix and I ran around the Glover's ranch and jumped a little bit.  We got home right before dark and I didn't ride again till Wednesday.  
     Wednesday was a fun bareback trail ride day.  Everyone was busy so I went by myself.  Phoenix was a little crow hoppy at first haha but she mellowed out and we ran around the Glover Ranch and jumped a little too.  I turned a part of their property into a mini arena and we worked on lead changes. Phoenix is getting better about picking up the correct leads though we still struggle with flying lead changes.  She tried really hard for me and got the front, just kept cross firing in the back.  
     I dismounted and we worked on showmanship for a little bit.  I know its important for us to do our best in every class but man showmanship is boring and we aren't too good at it haha.  On our way home, the sunset was behind us and when I asked Phoenix to pick up a trot once we were off the road I felt that her stride was off.  It was choppy and she was bobbing her head.  I hopped off and examined her feet for rocks and felt her legs for heat but everything seemed good.  We trotted and loped home and I had the owners of the ranch take a look at Phoenix.  She was minorly limping on her left foreleg when trotting on the straight and when that side was on the inside of a circle.  They examined her and said they'd keep an eye on her but they couldn't find anything wrong and think that she probably just got a stone bruise.  
     Friday was farrier day!  Phoenix was definitely due to get her feet done and she received new shoes too.  She had a little bit of thrush (which I knew) but everything seemed fine besides that and she was already moving better on her foot.  I decided to give her the rest of the week off (I didn't ride her on Friday, just groomed her and got her feet done) and to try taking her out to ride on Monday in the soft arena dirt.  
      Friday night was my powder puff football game and the juniors won 27-6!!!  It was awesome being part of a team and I loved every minute of being under those Friday night lights.  I love football almost as much as rodeo and wish we could keep playing and play tackled (though I took some girls out tonight haha).  We had the most amazing coaches who were so great and into the game and I just had a fantastic night!













































     Here is our cheer after we won!

No comments:

Post a Comment