Then OMG it was Friday and time to get ready for state!! I rode Phoenix Western and worked through all the gaits and some turns and then I practiced dismounting for goat tying. I have a balance problem due to the way I jump off when she's loping haha but it was good. We rode bareback for a little bit and then it was time to bathe and braid my girl. I made a mess and was dirty and soaked when we were done but Phoenix looked beautiful and was all soft and shiny. We loaded up the trailer, grabbed a bale of hay, and then we were off to Queen Creek for our biggest horse show ever!!
We arrived around 6pm and got Phoenix all settled into stall 89. It was all boxed in except for the bars on the front portion so I was nervous Phoenix wouldn't like her stall but after a few minutes of circling she relaxed and ate her fresh hay and drank some water. Throughout the whole weekend she loved sticking her head out of the little window I could leave open for her. I was reluctant to leave her alone in a strange place overnight and I was super nervous for saturday but finally us humans headed out to a hotel 20 minutes away to try and get some sleep before our English debut.
No comments:
Post a Comment