Friday, November 27, 2015

Update

     Before I talk about my limited riding time this week (sad face haha) I wanted to share some pics of me playing with fluffybutt.  I love this dog to the moon and back but man is he hard to get pics with lol.  He always makes my day by greeting me with licks and a wagging tail.







     Phoenix got the whole week following state off due to her needing some time off and my parents being out of town.  I was upset I didn't get any time with my girl but there was nothing I could do.  Here is a pic that doesn't do the paint justice from paint tag from mutual last wednesday.  I had a blast tackling people and getting caked in paint lol.  


     On monday I was finally able to have some horse time and man was Phoenix excited.  I let her get some bucks out while I free lunged my girl and then I tacked her up in a Western saddle and her shanked snaffle and split reins (her reining headstall).  We worked on flatwork and ran through all of the gaits.  Phoenix and I just needed some chill work and I needed to work on sitting her jog while she worked on keeping a consistent pace.  We worked on leads and figure eights and Phoenix is definitely a lot better at picking up the correct lead with split reins (something about neck reining I suppose).  
     There were points were she got pretty excited and I had to run her out in a circle till she chilled out but for the most part Phoenix was great and doing reining work really made me miss queening.  She still pulled out slide stops when I asked her and her backing and hindquarter turns need work but are getting there.  I pulled off her saddle and worked her through all the gaits on the flat bareback (which is always exhilarating!) and then I hosed down and walked out my girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment