Tuesday, September 18, 2018

It's Been too long/Dashy

     I honestly forgot about this blog because life has been so crazy and I have been spending most of my writing time on my other blog www.mormonfarmgirl.blogspot.com and writing about the Lord.  But I realized that I like having a blog like this to update on my animals and have a cool family history journal for my family to look at.
       Phoenix fully recovered from her splint and we went up to BYU-Idaho for college.  She loved the snow and we had a lot of fun new adventures.








       I haven't had a horse in about a year.  I was really struggling a year ago and I sold my quarter horse, Phoenix.  I loved that horse, but I was having such a hard time.  I was frustrated with riding and someone kept asking about buying her.  So I finally sold her.  Phoenix is now owned by a girl in Arizona who uses her for high school rodeo.  She is kicking butt, but I miss her so much.  Selling her was the worst mistake I've ever made, but I can't change the past.
         Today I was blessed with a new horse.  Jordan and I were at the ranch in Charlo, Montana where we came across the ranch horse, Dashy.  Dash has been at that ranch since she was about 2yrs old and just left out there.  She runs wild in the cow pastures and has never seen a vet or farrier.  We went out and played with her one night in the fields and I liked her a lot.







My hot husband on our truck


    Dashy loves people and she came up to us and let us slip a halter on her.  She even let me ride her around in a halter.  She doesn't really know how to ride but you can sit on her and she doesn't mind.  I missed horses so much and decided to pray about it.  
      My husband and I are broke college kids who already have a dog (oh yea that's another new thing: I'm married!).  Horses are expensive and a lot of work.  So I prayed to Heavenly Father about it saying that if I was meant to get a horse, please help us to find the right one and find a way to bring it back with us.  
        We were up in Montana for a few weeks and time was running out.  We had no money and no trailer and only a few days left before we headed home.  I was worried but I trusted the Lord.  If it worked out now, it was meant to be.  If not, I would keep working hard towards my dreams and it would unfold in the Lord's time.  

Our puppy, Saddie




On a 10 mile fishing hike





          The morning we were leaving, we received a phone call that told of our blessing to take a trailer and take Dashy home with us.  I was super excited!  We cleaned out and fixed up an old ranch cattle trailer and headed over to catch Dashy (She was in one of the cow pastures).  

My spider killer
       I worked with Dashy for about 2 hours and we managed to break a halter, cause her to bleed, and I was frustrated.  I was patient and got her into the trailer, but we she was too freaked out and not able to travel that day.  We ended up leaving the next day, where dashy fought a little, but ended up hopping into the trailer after about 10 minutes and riding the 6hr ride home very calmly.   
     
When she ran off with her broken halter

Her first time looking into the trailer

Her first time riding in a trailer

My love and my girl on the drive back
                Once we got back into Rexburg, the hard part was getting Dashy to come out of the trailer.  We tried to back her out but she was so scared.  She backed out halfway and then hopped back in.  The trailer was now her safe space.  We ended up having to turn her around in the trailer and then she hopped out forwards. 
               We put her in her new outdoor pen where she had horse mates for the first time.  Dash gets along pretty well with other horses and enjoys the space.  I'm so happy to have a new baby to obsess over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment