Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Dash sept 16 & 17, 2018

              The 16th was a sunday, so I didn't do too much with Dashy.  But I wanted to check up on her and get to know her better.  Jordan and I took Saddie out and then took Dash and Sades on a walk for about 30 minutes.  Dash walked pretty well, but she is still learning how to move off of pressure from the halter.  She did great on the way out, but tried to rush on the way back.  She shakes her head up and down every time you apply pressure, but she is slowly starting to learn how to walk with it.  We stopped a lot and backed up on our way home.
           Here are some pictures to document what Dash looked like when we first brought her home.  A little fat and broken hooves, but she isn't too bad.  And we will help her look better and be healthier.





           On monday (17th) I got Dashy used to being tied outside and walked her into the barn for the first time.  She dug a giant hole at the hitching post outside, but didn't mind being inside the barn.  I lunged her in the round pen with a halter and lunge line.  She doesn't understand how to lunge, so it was just ten minutes of walking and some trotting and teaching her to go out from me with the lunge whip.  
          I groomed her and she loves the curry comb.  She did great with being brushed.  She isn't too good with her feet, thought she doesn't mind you picking them up.  She will just pick them up for a second and slam them down.  So I used a lead rope tied around her leg.  Then I asked her to pick up her feet and held it there until she quit fighting.  



           Sadie loves being out at the ranch and she is a great ranch dog!




             Still struggling a little with depression but doing my best to get out of bed every morning and do things. It helps to have a husband, dog, and horse to take care of. I’m back to work and starting an internship this week. And I still have my nremt to study for and pass so I can finally work at the fire station like I’ve always dreamed. Life is good and God is there!



No comments:

Post a Comment