Friday, October 2, 2015

Trail Ride and Jumping

     On Thursday Phoenix and I went on an awesome trail ride adventure.  We ran around the desert, got lost, worked her muscles good in deep sand, and even went swimming in this awesome lake we came across.  It took awhile to get Phoenix in though haha.  I ended up leading her in from the ground and the water was all the way up to my knees, but Phoenix got in and loved it.  I mounted up and we splashed around until we were both soaked.  It took awhile to get Phoenix back out of the water but I eventually did and then we were late getting back to the ranch and running the whole way home haha.
     Friday was an English flatwork and jumping day!  It was a super windy day and Phoenix freaked out when I went to put her saddle pad on at first but she calmed down eventually and I finished tacking her up and took her into the arena.  We spent about half an hour working on control in our gaits and picking up the correct lead and then I took Phoenix out back to practice jumping.  Phoenix and I are getting a lot more confident (though we did have a few refusals but it was my fault haha) and she is listening better control wise.
     My dad came out and took some pics of Phoenix and I.  I love them.






















     I untacked Phoenix, hosed her down, and turned her back into her big stall where she rolled haha.










No comments:

Post a Comment