Sunday, September 13, 2015

Back to Work (9/7-9/11)

     It has been about 2 weeks since I have been out to see my baby girl and I was so excited to go see her after we arrived back in Tucson Monday afternoon!

Phoenix was caked in mud



     It took awhile due to Phoenix's coat being caked with mud, but I brushed her down, put on her western tack, and headed out to the arena for a much overdue ride.  




































     I actually rode Phoenix in two different headstalls today.  I started out with her shanked snaffle and split reins.  We ran around (a lot due to Phoenix just wanting to gallop) and worked the barrel pattern a little bit.  She was a little headstrong and it took a lot of work to get her to go where I wanted but she has had some time off so its to be expected.  






    I worked Phoenix for a little bit in her rodeo headstall (jointed gag bit and racing reins) and then I took off her saddle and rode her around bareback.  We ran the barrel pattern bareback a few times and I almost lost my balance and fell haha.  




     We had a little time after I was done riding and hosing Phoenix off, so I put a running braid in her mane and turned her out into the pasture for a little bit.  





     I didn't get to see my girl again until Friday but here are some pics from my week.  




















     On Friday I decided to ride Phoenix bareback.  She was still a little crazy but was listening well enough considering how much time she has had off.  I rode her around and over some poles and then I may have had this happen haha.  



     That hurt just a little haha and I got the wind knocked out of me.  But after a few minutes I caught Phoenix and hopped back up (my elbow was all scraped up and swollen).  A few attempts later Phoenix jumped over the poles and I took her out of the arena to tack her up.  


     Since we had a race on Saturday I tacked Phoenix up Western style and worked on flatwork for awhile and then barrel turns.  


     Then I hosed my girl off and put her away until race day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment