Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Fair prep

  Yesterday Phoenix and I spent a lot of time preparing for fair.  I lunged her for awhile since I was out of town and then we practiced barrels in the arena.  Phoenix was really good, though a tad lazy.  We worked on all the gaits and turns.  At 45, Phoenix takes a lot of kicking and even some butt wacking to go fast but once you get her going she is great.  It took awhile to get her left lead (as usual) but Phoenix was in a very mellow mood today.  Her turns were mostly good, though it took a little to get her speed consistent.  
  After some saddle work, Phoenix and I worked bareback since she was in a great mood and I needed the practice.  She trotted slow enough that I could post and her lope was smooth.  We ran the barrels one last time and then called it quits.  My legs were a little sore, but I'm a lot more confident bareback and it definitely help with my riding position.  
  I loaded all of our gear in the trailer so I wouldn't forget anything tomorrow and then Phoenix got a long needed bath.  She stood still pretty well and when we were done her coat looked amazing.  Here are the tons of pics I took  






































No comments:

Post a Comment